I spend my days navigating cross-disciplinary, deep-stack systems that require genuine structural synthesis. Yet the loudest critique often comes from the sidelines, someone shouting to "just do what AI can't," despite lacking the ability to do the math, write the implementation, or architect the system themselves.
What they really mean is: "I refuse to understand or respect the depth of what you do, so I will arbitrarily commoditize your craft and demand miracles in whatever moving target I still deem prestigious."
Let's be clear: that person is not my mentor. He never earned the title, he never possessed the insight or integrity required for it, and I never granted him authority over my career. A true mentor expands your horizon, respects your autonomy, and meets you on a plane of mutual intellectual rigor. What he attempted was not guidance; it was unearned ownership and petty control.
That boundary is now absolute. His pretensions, fragile ego, and hollow demands end exactly where my autonomy begins. He has no claim to my intellect, no claim to my work, and no claim to my time.
